Premium Agave Syrup
Agave is the primary ingredient in tequila and pulque. Agave syrup (sometimes called agave nectar) is the product of harvesting and stripping the pi√±a of a weber blue agave ‚Äì the only species used to produce authentic tequila in Jalisco, Mexico. The pi√±a is then mashed, cooked, and the sugar syrup is extracted for fermentation. In some cases, agave syrup is augmented by corn sugar - these products are of a lesser price but not a viable alternative to Doc's Cellar pure blue agave syrup. 100% organic blue agave, non-GMO and allergen-free.
- Brix: 74-76
- pH: 4.0 - 6.0
- Hydroxymetil Furfural (HMF): 40mg/kg max
- Fructose: 80-84%
- Dextrose: 13-15%
- Sucrose: 2-4%
Sample Process for Agave Spirit:
- Agave Brix: 75
- Wash Brix: <19 Brix (1.075 OG, 18.1 Plato)
- Dilution: ~1 part Agave to 4-5 parts water
- Nutrient: Fermaid K, 400ppm, 2/3 @ pitch, 1/3 @ 24 hours
- Yeast: Rum Distillers Yeast¬†or Pure Turbo Yeast.
We Also Recommend