Refractometer - Brix, SG Sugar, SG Wort
- Track your mash tun run off during sparging, pre-boil gravity, post-boil gravity, and starting gravity before fermentation
- Readings are almost instantaneous, requires only a few drops, and there's no need to cool your sample thanks to ATC
- Triple scaled for use in brewing, winemaking, and distilling
- LED illumination makes it easy to see your readings even in low light environments like your garage or basement
- Water resistant enclosure—dip the refractometer into your wort without risk of damaging the LED light
- Includes case, pipette, and USB magnetic charging cable
If you want a quick and easy way to take gravity readings during the brewing process, then a refractometer is the tool for the job. Taking hydrometer readings during the brew tends to be a time-consuming process, and by the time you get a reading it may be too late to react. This is because you need to take a large sample and cool it to get an accurate reading. A refractometer allows you take instant gravity readings, with just one drop, at any point during the boil, or even during the run off of the sparge during an all-grain brew. These 'during the process' readings allow you to add more water or boil longer so you can attain exactly the gravity you desire.
Traditional refractometers without ATC are calibrated to work at 68°F. The ATC function allows you to use the refractometer in an ambient temperature range of 50-86°F (10-30°C). Since your sample is just one drop, and will quickly adjust to the temperature of the refractometer, the temperature of the sample is irrelevant. This unit also comes with a manual calibration knob that is secured with a lock nut. To calibrate place one drop of distilled water on the testing platform and adjust to zero if necessary. The LED light is a handy feature that helps illuminate the sample and make the scale easier to read.
- Triple Scaled
- 0-32 Brix
- 0-1.130 Specific Gravity for Wort
- 0-1.130 Specific Gravity for Sugar
- Water resistant enclosure
- Adjustable focus eyepiece with rubber grip
- Automatic Temperature Compensation
- LED illumination function
- Rechargeable battery
Please Note: The Sabre Refractometer is used to measure unfermented wort. Once alcohol is present, the use of a correction table is advised.