The Joy Of Home Winemaking
The Joy of Homewinemaking, by Terry Garey.
Port and sherries, whites, reds, roses and melomels—make your own wine without owning a vineyard!
If you can follow a simple recipe, you can create delectable table wines in your own home. It's fun, it's easy-and the results will delightfully complement your favorite meals and provide unparalleled pleasure by the glass when friends come calling. You don't have tore-create Bordeaux in your basement to be a successful home vintner-you can make raisin wine and drink it like sherry, or use it to accent your Chinese cooking. Raspberry or apricot wine lend themselves to delicious desserts. And if you are interested in more exotic concoctions, rhubarb champagne is the ultimate treat.The Joy of Home Winemaking is your comprehensive guide to:
- the most up-to-date techniques and equipment
- readily available and affordable ingredients and materials
- aging, bottling, racking, blending, and experimenting
- dozens of original recipes for great-tasting fruit wines,
- spice wines, herb wines, sparkling wines, sherries, liqueurs
- even homemade soda pop!
- a sparkling brief history of winemaking
- helpful illustrations and glossary
- an extensive mail-order resource section
Whether you prefer your wine dry of slightly sweet, The Joy of Home Winemaking has all the information you need to go from casual connoisseur to expert home vintner in no time.
We Also Recommend